Friday 8 August 2014

Baking Influences

Ok so in this blog post I thought I would talk about my baking influences and basically the reason why I love baking and why I want to become a baker one day. However I firstly wanted to thank you all for the lovely words you all had to say about my first post on here as I was very worried many of you would not like it but it has had such an amazing reception that I feel so excited and less worried to continue posting blogs every week!! So yeah THANK YOU ALL!!!!

So cracking on with the post. 

I have had so many influences to start baking but I think that my main, most poignant influence would be my Gran. She has always been the one in the family to buy the birthday cakes, make cakes and all manner of amazing desserts for as long as I can remember. So I feel she has really influenced me to start baking and enjoy seeing the happiness the things I make can bring to people. 

For years I have seen my Gran make cakes, different pies and most definitely her famous Welsh cakes (people in my family will understand how fantastic those are!!). Everything my Gran makes she always shares with everybody; her neighbours, family, the nurses she used to work with and even her hairdresser (she's bonkers, we know!!) however we obviously don't hesitate to accept any free cake going around! 

Another influence or couple of influences were from TV. I love (as many do) watching The Great British Bake Off, what a show! Anyway, I basically love watching the show and many people have said to me to go on it but right now I'm not to sure... So getting to the point, I love watching and learning from Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood and learning what the correct way to do things is because obviously baking isn't just cakes and pastries it does involve breads as well so learning form Paul and Mary (first term basis as it should be) is such an amazing way to improve as a baker.

Lorraine Pascal has really taught me so many different ways in which to rethink and re-look at baking and in a way change the way I bake different cakes and pastries. She really takes the ordinary and makes it ten times more amazing! I really look up to her because, like her, I would really like to live in France and learn the art of patisserie because it all looks so amazing, especially over in Paris where it is so popular and so brilliantly made. 

So overall I have had some amazing influences to begin baking and they are really the main reasons why I want to do baking when I am older because they make people realise how much joy baking can bring to people and also I find it is a way to freely show off your creative side which is so great! I love baking as I find it's a way to relax and free myself from any stress I might have. I usually kick my family out of the kitchen and put the TV on and just get to it. I find myself zoning out and just getting lost in the cake or whatever I might be making. I think that's why I want to become a baker as I find it so thrilling giving people my freshly baked things and seeing the happiness on their faces (especially Zach who ends up with it all over his face!!).

Anyway, so that concludes this blog post about my baking influences. My next post will most likely be a baking recipe post, I would have baked something and then done this post on that but I didn't really have time so anyway keep your eyes peeled for my new post on something chocolately!!

Thanks everyone again!!
Caitlin xxx

1 comment:

  1. Fabby post again caits! Can't wait to try more of your yummy creations ��

    ReplyDelete