Saturday 20 September 2014

Galaxy Double Chocolate Cookies!!

Who doesn't love a cookie? Who doesn't love Galaxy chocolate? Well I think if thats the case then why would you not want to combine the two greatest inventions every to create the best unhealthy snack/ desert/ genius idea?!?! Here goes then!!

Ok, so I used Lorraine Pascale's chocolate chip cookie dough as my base of the cookie and then I substituted out my chocolate chips for Galaxy chocolate chips. It's kind of a simple idea to do but its amazing and I've done something like this before when I did Chocolate Orange cookies and they were so tasty that I thought i would experiment with a different chocolate.

The Lorraine Pascale cookie recipe is here:

  • 110g of softened butter
  • 200g of soft light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • pinch of salt
  • 165g plain flour
  • 2 drops of vanilla extract
  • 1/2tsp of baking powder
  • 1/2tsp of bicarbonate soda
  • 30g cocoa powder
  • 200g of chocolate (however the recipe is 100g of milk and 100g of dark chocolate chips.)


My ingredients.

Method:

  1. Weigh out all your ingredients. Pre-heat the oven to 180C Fan oven.
  2. Combine the butter (I always cube my butter up as I find it softens faster and it will combine a lot quicker) and sugar into a bowl.
  3. Add the egg. It can go really curdled at this stage but keep mixing as it will go smoother.
  4. Add the flower, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla extract and mix together.
  5. Once you have a dough like mixture, add in the chocolate. I used the whole bar of Galaxy but you can add as much or as little as you want or even do half of this chocolate and half of another chocolate.
  6. Grease and line a baking tray. Take some of the mixture and roll into ball shapes. The mixture should make around 9 cookies depending on how big you have decided to make them.
  7. Put the cookies into the oven for around 10-12 minutes.
  8. Take out the oven and leave to cool slightly before putting them onto a cooling rack as when they are fresh from the oven they are still very very soft and you might think they aren't cooked properly but give ten about 5 minutes on the baking tray and then transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool. 
  9. Now you are free to enjoy your cookies whether that be with a cup of tea or with a glass of milk!!


Some photos of my baking experience!

My cubed butter all softened and ready to
mix with the sugar.

All my dry ingredients and an egg.

The butter and sugar ready to go.

The mixture. It makes more than this but
I forgot to take a picture before I had already put
some in the oven

The cookies in the oven! I didn't have any baking paper so
instead I just really greased the tray and they came off fine!!

The finished product!!!!
Thanks for reading this weeks blog!! Sorry its a bit late up, I am in college and the amount of work is unreal so I have barely had time to even think of anything other than my work!! But hopefully I will be getting more up soon!!
Thanks for reading!!
Caitlin xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment